Call us now ! Send us an email States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
(919) 658-9436



Janice S. Head, P.A.

126 N. Center St.
Mount Olive, NC 28365

Phone: 919-658-9436
Fax: 919-658-9438

Our North Carolina Law FAQ

What is the difference between a Deed and a Will under North Carolina Law?
A Deed is a present conveyance of an interest in real estate or real property in North Carolina; a Will devises property and specific bequests of personal property and is filed after death.
Does a wife have to sign a Deed of conveyance in North Carolina even if the real estate/real property is only the Husband’s name?

Does one need a title search to purchase property?
It is in buyer’s discretion if he desires a title search; however, a search is recommended to discover any lien(s), encumbrances or defects in the chain of title.
Are joint Wills legal in North Carolina?
No, each individual must have his/her own individual Will disposing of property at death.
Can one person be a sole owner or shareholder of a Limited Liability Company or a small business Corporation in North Carolina?
Are there any points for “improper equipment” traffic ticket convictions in North Carolina?
There should be no points on a person’s driver’s license record nor insurance points in North Carolina at the present time; however, the “improper equipment” is shown on the driver’s license record and only one can be obtained in a three-year period.
When can one file for an Absolute Divorce in North Carolina?
One year and one day after the date of the physical split of the parties (at which time they intended to remain separate and apart and did so) and not from the date of a legal separation.
How is child support calculated in North Carolina?
Child support is calculated by a formula based on the number of children involved and placement times pursuant to the North Carolina Child Support Guidelines and not specific percentages per child.
Who is entitled to custody of a child in North Carolina?
Either parent who is “fit and proper” is entitled to placement of his/her minor child without a court order.